Contests are a great way to motivate your employees to stay engaged. We recommend running periodic contests to promote benefits participation.
Contests succeed because they use gamification to increase awareness.
Creating a Contest
- From the dashboard, select Manage Plan(s)
- Select the specific plan you would like to update from the dropdown box. If you only manage one plan, this option won't be displayed.
- Select Contests in the sidebar.
- Click Schedule New Contest
- Create a title, headline, and specify the start date, end date, and prizes
- Select whether leaderboard position is determined by Points Earned or Courses Completed
- Determine prize(s) and enter details
- Click Next Step: Save and Preview
- If all looks good, select Schedule Contest
Starting a Contest
Contests start and end automatically at the times you specify. No additional action is required to start or end a contest.
How Long Should I Run a Contest For?
We recommend running contests for between 60 and 90 days.
All contests on Edukate are run as raffles. All employees who earn points on Edukate during the contest period will be automatically entered in the raffle.
Winners will be randomly selected when the contest ends.
What is the Leaderboard?
The contest leaderboard ranks employees based on how many points they earn. As employees earn points, they'll move up the leaderboard.
The leaderboard does not directly affect the outcome of a contest.